Another journal writing exercise. Today, it’s a list of things, a la The Pillow Book.
1. I slapped you because I thought you said something you didn’t because I am paranoid I may be going deaf.
2. I had to read your death sentence twice in court because I burped when announcing the verdict.
3. I cried at your funeral even though I hate you because your death saddened people I love.
4. I killed something I love because I didn’t want you to have it.
5. I wished for our son’s death because your wish reanimated his corpse.
6. I had to destroy the world because I stayed up late last night and was touched by God.